Cylburn Nature Camp
Cylburn’s Nature Camp focuses on the environment and teaches children (ages 5 to 11) knowledge of and respect for nature and their surroundings. They will explore our 200-acre park with counselors who will teach them about the plants and animals they encounter, fungi, weather, watershed issues, ecosystem balances, and more!
Children hike the trails, participate in science-oriented mini classes, and partake in activities that combine science with art: homemade sundials, insect houses, and optical illusion spinners, to name a few.
Throughout a week-long session, activities are mixed with eco-oriented games and lunch locales set in our different gardens.
Join the fun and watch your children learn to be good stewards of our environment.
2018 Camp Sessions, ages: 5-7, 8-10
- More details to come. Check back in January 2018 for registration.
- Four one-week sessions with each session offering options for children age 5 to 7 and age 8 to 11.
- Each session runs from 9am to 3pm.
- The dates of the four sessions are:
- June 18 to 22
- June 25 to 29
- July 9 to 13
- July 16 to 20
Household Members are eligible for a 10% discount on camp registration . JOIN NOW to get your discount.
Before Care/After Care
We are pleased to offer before and after care again in 2017. Pick up and drop off will be from the mansion. Only campers enrolled in full day camps are able to participate in before and after care. Children will not be able to be dropped off before 8 a.m. After 5 p.m. a late charge of $1 a minute will be charged. Late payments will be due Friday afternoon of the camp week.
- 8-9 a.m. $35 (one week session)
- 3-5 p.m. $75 (one week session)
- Before and After Care Combination $95 (one week session)
The Cylburn Arboretum Association reserves the right to cancel a camp session due to insufficient enrollment. If a session is canceled, all fees will be refunded. If you withdraw a camper before a session begins, you must submit your request in writing to the camp office no less than one month prior to the expected arrival date.
If you must cancel your reservation, the following policy applies:
If you cancel by
- May 1, 75% of your registration will be refunded
- June 1, 50% of your registration will be refunded
- After June 1, 25% of your registration will be refunded.
We offer scholarships to children from Baltimore City who need financial assistance. View the application here.
- To apply for the scholarship, please fill out and mail the application with a letter verifying your child’s enrollment in school to:
Cylburn Arboretum Association
4915 Greenspring Ave
Baltimore, MD 21209
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a counselor?
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.